It is truly impossible to separate the church from Christ. Christ showed us the importance of the church through the following…
- Jesus came preaching that the kingdom of God was at hand (Matt. 4:17).
- He foretold that He would build His church (Matt. 16:18).
- He taught about the church in those parables referred to as “the kingdom” parables.
- He died and shed His blood to purchase the church (John 19:30; Acts 20:28).
- He rose and ascended to the right hand of God and was given a kingdom (Dan. 7:13-14).
- That kingdom came into existence on Pentecost Day following our Lord’s resurrection (Mark 9:1; Acts 1:8; Acts 2:1-4). This was the day that obedient men and women were added by the Lord to the church (Acts 2:47).
- One day, He will return and will receive His bride (Rev. 21:2).
None can say the church is not part of God’s redemption plan for mankind. It is in the church that the manifold wisdom of God is shown (Ephesians 3:10). The church is the bride of Christ and he is coming to take her home to heaven when He returns the next time (2 Corinthians 11:2). I need to be a member of the body which is the church in order to be part of the bride of Christ (Colossians 1:18).
Are you a part of the body of Christ? There is only one way to become a part of the body and that is to be baptized into Christ (Galatians 3:27). Before you are a proper candidate for baptism you must believe that Jesus is the Son of God (John 3:16), repent of your sins (Acts 2:38). After baptism we must remain faithful unto Jesus until we die (Revelation 2:10).